Our Horse Management and Lungeing Skills programs run for 4 weeks, each Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6.30pm (subject to numbers).
March / May / July / September / November
Price is $312 per person/4 week program (min 3 people in the class)
Timed perfectly for busy workers, our Horse Management course runs every Wednesday from 4.30pm until 6.30pm (subject to numbers) in the months listed. The program is a 4 week block, where the participant learns how to care for a horse. The program caters for a range of skill levels. The content delivered in the program is created to suit the level of the participants.
- Horse Health – Horse behaviour – fight or flight instinct, joining up with a horse.
- Saddlery – How does a saddle fit and how it works with the mechanics of the horses body.
- Feeding – Understand how a horse must eat and what food he should have.
- Grooming – How to clip a horse and why we do it.
- Hands on participation with our lovely horses
April / June / August / October
Price is $328 per person/4 week program (min 3 people in the class)
We are now offering a training program in Lungeing Skills. Working with horses from the ground is another way of connecting with our equine friends. The program is a 4 week block, where the participant learns how to exercise a horse through lungeing. The program is hands-on. Our program caters for a range of skill levels, and the content is created to suit the level of the participants. Timed perfectly for busy workers, the course runs every Wednesday from 4.30pm until 6.30pm (subject to numbers) in the months listed.
- Reasons for Lungeing
- Lungeing Gear & Safety
- Working with the lunge line (wooden horse)
- Working with a real horse on the lunge
- Lungeing commands and body cues
- Working a horse on the Lunge
- Long reins (two reins)
- Exercises on the lunge