Our teen holidays horse riding workshops are perfect for those teens who want to learn all about owning their own horse.
Wattle Creek now offers horse riding workshops each school holidays for teen riders. These teen workshops run for two consecutive days, four hours each session and are held in the school holidays Thursdays and Fridays from 8.00am to 12.00pm and are suitable for ages 13 to 17 years. Our workshops are designed to show riders, who have already had a beginner experience with horses, what it would be like to own their own horse and all the work it entails to care for and look after a horse.
What’s included in the Workshop?
- Private riding lesson or Riding Squad is included each day
- Informal bareback ride daily
- Hands on Horse Management skills and activities
- Learn how to feed tailored to your horse
- Learn how to care for your horses paddocks
- Learn how to catch and tack up your horse
- Learn how to plait your horse for competition
Upcoming Teen Workshops
JULY 2021 WORKSHOPS
JULY 2021Work shop 1 – Thursday 1st July 2021 & Friday 2nd July 2021
Workshop 2 – Thursday 8th July 2021 & Friday 9th July 2021
1 Day only
JULY 2021Thursday 1st or 8th July 2021 OR Friday 2nd or 9th July 2021
Registration / Waiver Form
All riders must complete our Registration / Waiver form before they are eligible to ride. Below is a PDF copy that you can print and fill in to save time when you arrive. This form is updated every 12 months.Download Waiver
Workshop Lesson Conditions
- Riders must arrive 10 mins prior to commencement of lesson; lesson will start and finish at the scheduled time.
- A minimum of four riders per Teen Workshop to go ahead.
- 24 hour notice is the minimum required to cancel a Workshop Day due to any circumstance (sickness, injury, other commitments). If received within the correct time frames a “Make-up” lesson can be arranged. The lesson of the Workshop Day is made up only or, if it suits, the rider may pick up a day in a future Workshop. If no notification is received then the missed Workshop day is forfeited. Cancellation of a booking must be received within working hours (Mon to Sat – not Sun) 24hrs prior to the booked lesson to be accepted. This can be received via email, text or phone message.
- Weather – due to safety reasons the riding lesson component will be cancelled if rain conditions becomes too heavy or heat temperature exceeds 38°C. The Horse Management and handling component of the Workshop will still continue in inclement weather and the rider will receive a “Inclement Weather Make-Up Lesson” to be arranged by the client.
- All lessons are valid for 12 months from date of purchase and are non-refundable.